Summer Reading Programming
Begins June 9th!
Register in the Youth Services Department
PreK Songs and Crafts: Mondays @ 1pm
- Kids ages 3 to 6 make fun crafts with Mrs. Paula!
- Children ages 15 months to 5 years with their caregivers are invited to listen to stories, nursery rhymes, songs, music, and more!
- Caregivers, bring your babies (15 months and younger) to our wonderful storytime full of songs, rhymes, and bounce!
- Toddlers and preschoolers, along with their families come to dance and sing with Mrs. Kim.
Kindergarten through Second Grade
Fun Foods: Mondays @ 2pm
- For the first 3 weeks of Summer Reading only, Ms. Stephanie will host a program where kids can make fun foods and have fun with their friends.
My First Book Club: Tuesdays @ 1:30pm
- Mrs. Weronika will host a special book club for the K-2 group. There will be no crafts, but there will be plenty of interesting activities!
K-2 Club: Wednesdays @ 4pm
- Taught by Ms. Paula, our popular K-2 Club is filled with exciting new stories and crafts. Make sure to reserve your spot ahead of time!
Drama Club: Thursdays @ 12:00pm
- Bridgeview Library smells tons of talent from today's Kindergarteners, First Graders, and Second graders! For the FIRST TIME EVER a K-2 group will perform in the annual Art Show at the end of Summer Reading. Parents are encouraged to sign up their Super Stars for K-2 Drama!
3rd to 6th Grade
3-6 Book Club: Tuesdays @ 2:30 pm
- This year's book club for tweens will focus on 2 themes: CSI and SPIES. The first 3 weeks will focus on Crime Scene Investigation.
Fun Foods: Wednesdays @ 2pm
- 3 weeks of fun with food for the tween crowd.
3-6 Drama: Thursdays @ 12:00 pm
- Tweens will learn Drama exercises, design sets, prepare costumes and perform in a play!
Cursive Writing: Fridays @ 1 pm
- Do you want to learn how to write and read in cursive? Try our 5 week class this summer!
Summer STEM Programs
Prek Science: Wednesdays @ 11 am
- For any parents looking for some science fun with their little ones, Ms. Stephanie has put together some safe, fun, and easy preschool science experiments. These science activities can include making experiments from household items such as slime, Play Dough, ocean in a bottle and more!
- Join us on Friday afternoons for some K-2 science fun! This summer in K-2 science, we will be exploring different ecosystems through sensory play and discovery. We will learn about plants and animals each week!
- Your child does not have to be a scientist to do cool science experiments! The learner will make interesting things from ordinary items she or he would have never thought could be so awesome! Must be age 8 and up to participate. Reserve your spot ahead of time as spaces and supplies are limited!!
- Minecraft Mornings: Thursdays @ 11 am
- Lego Club: Thursdays @ 3 pm
- Math FUNdamentals (Grades K-2 Only): Wednesdays @ 2 pm
- Math FUNdamentals (Grades 3-6 Only): Wednesdays @ 2:30 pm
- Pre-Algebra/ Algebra (Grades 4-8 Only): Mondays @ 2 pm
Family Programs (Programs for all ages!)
- Movie Mondays: Mondays @ 11 am
- Family Bingo: Mondays @ 4 pm
- Kids Craft: Tuesdays @ 6:30
- Roving Reader: Thursdays @ 2 pm
- Bunco: Fridays @ 4 pm
- Pirate Speak: Friday, June 20, 2014 @ 4 pm
- Family Story Time: Saturdays @ 1 pm