GETTING A LIBRARY CARD
Cards are available free of charge to Bridgeview residents upon presentation of two forms of identification:
1. An ID with your photograph on it such as a
driver's license WITH YOUR BRIDGEVIEW ADDRESS ON IT, or State of
Illinois identification card.
2. Another ID showing your current Bridgeview address, such as a utility bill, a lease, a voter registration card, or any current mail with your address on it.
** Juvenile Cards: A parent or legal guardian must present proof of residency as stated above and fill out the application card. Once signed, you (parent) are then responsible for materials loaned to the juvenile patron.
Because your library is a member of the RAILS Library System your library card will be honored at:
- any of the public libraries in the RAILS Library System
- all academic libraries in the RAILS Library System
- any public library in several other library systems in Illinois, including Chicago Public Library
RENEWING YOUR LIBRARY CARD
To renew your card, you must bring the card and proof of residency to the circulation desk.
LOST CARDS & LOST OR DAMAGED MATERIALS
Cardholders are responsible for materials checked out on their cards until reported lost or stolen.
A fee of $5.00 is charged for replacement of a current library card. All outstanding fines /fees MUST be paid at time of card replacement.
Lost or Damaged Materials
Playaways 3 weeks Yes
Music CDs 3 weeks Yes
All Books, CDs, and Playaways are renewable 1 time for an additional 3 weeks.
Magazines 1 week Yes
Magazines are renewable 1 time for an additional 1 week.
DVDs cost $1.00 to check out.
PAYING OVERDUE FINES ON-LINE