RAILS presents BiblioBoard Library e-books
Try it today!
BiblioBoard LibraryWe've partnered with BiblioLabs to bring your patrons a collection of e-books that's available to any Illinois resident.
The BiblioBoard platform features four collections:
- Recovering the Classics featuring public-domain classics from world literature, with modern cover images
- Popup Picks featuring titles that will change quarterly and will include hand-curated e-books from expert librarian curators
- The Bodleian Library collection featuring items from Oxford University's Bodleian Library
- The Biblioboard Core collection featuring articles, images, books, etc. spanning a wide range of topics
Access to BiblioBoardBiblioBoard Library provides geolocation-based authentication through the IP address of the user's computer or GPS coordinates of their mobile device. Anyone who is physically in Illinois can access the collection without a login. A patron who creates an account while in Illinois will be able to access the collection outside the state by logging into their account.
Your patrons have access to the collections through:
- BiblioBoard app for iOS (from the iTunes App Store)
- BiblioBoard app for Android (from the Google Play Store)
We strongly encourage your patrons to create a profile the first time they visit the collection. A BiblioBoard Library profile will allow access to the collections outside of Illinois, as well as the ability to download content for offline reading and to add bookmarks and notes.
You can also go directly to each of the individual collections:
- Recovering the Classics Collection
- Popup Picks
- Bodleian Library Collection
- BiblioBoard Core Collection
MEDIA ON DEMAND
Use your Kindle, Nook, iPad, Android tablet, home computer, or smartphone/e-reader to download library books for free!
Click on the icon above to access e-books for your e-Readers and Devices.
WE NOW HAVE HOOPLA!
Try it out today!
Bridgeview Residents use your library card!
Library Cards must be in good standing -
Not expired and no fines over $5.00
Click on the icon above to get started
For more information, see below.
Click the icon to get started
With a valid Bridgeview Library card you can access Freading to get
ebooks. You can also download the App from the Apple App Store
or Android Play Store.
How Freading works:
Upon logging in with your credentials from your library, you will see a splash page come up, with an easy 1-2-3 guide to enjoying eBooks.
- In the upper right corner of the site, you will see information regarding your account. Specifically, you will see a "weekly limit". The weekly limit is the amount of titles that you may check out every week. The total is set by your library. If there is an allotment of 3 books per week, and you have used one, the counter will say 1/3.
- Unused book loans roll over to the following week. Every 4 weeks, unused book loans expire. An individual loan is for 2 weeks and may be renewed for an additional 2 weeks.
- The library may have an overall book loan limit. If they do, you might not be able to download books, but you will be able to queue up for the following week to do so.
KIDS eREADING ROOM
Just for Kids!
New to Media on Demand, just for KIDS!
This site only includes content with juvenile subjects; other subjects are not discoverable from this site. Juvenile content will also continue to be accessible from the existing Media on Demand site. Click the picture above to try it out!
STREAMING VIDEO NOW AVAILABLE
From Media on Demand
Look for it under FEATURED COLLECTIONS on the
MEDIA ON DEMAND HOME page!