Facilities Maintenance Technician – Part Time 25 hours – salary based on experience
- Two or more years related facility and maintenance experience.
- Two years of technical and/or mechanical training and education.
- Demonstrated proficiency with mechanical equipment and/or automation may be substituted for formal training.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proficiency at reading schematics and blueprints.
- Valid driver's license with excellent driving record.
- Performs routine and scheduled general maintenance activities including but not limited to light bulb replacement, ceiling tile replacement, minor HVAC, carpentry, building and office door adjustments, electrical, plumbing, painting, and grounds equipment.
- Performs general inspections of the building, roofs, and grounds including but not limited to common areas, restrooms, dumpster areas, etc. and responds to maintenance requests using issue tracking software.
- Sets up, arranges, and removes decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, scaffolding, wired and wireless microphones, and video projectors to prepare facilities for events such as programs and meetings.
- Responds to heating/air conditioning requests for offices, conference rooms, and open areas.
- Monitors computerized HVAC management system and troubleshoots any immediate HVAC system issues.
- Contacts contracted service providers for service when needed.
- Responds to off-hour emergencies as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires full-range of body motion including standing, sitting, or walking for extended periods of time.
- Requires bending, stooping, reaching in tight spaces, shoveling and climbing stairs and ladders.
- Must be able to move a cart loaded with 100-lbs and lift materials up to 70-lbs.
- Applications are available at the Circulation Desk
- Position opened until filled - EEOC
To download a copy of the Employee Application, click the link below:
BRIDGEVIEW PUBLIC LIBRARY EMPLOYEE APPLICATION