EXPLORE MORE ILLINOIS is here!
Click the icon to get started
How do I access Explore More Illinois?Click the icon to get started - Enter your library barcode and password or PIN.
About Explore More Illinois
Library Cardholder Discounts From Museums and Cultural AttractionsThe Reaching Across Illinois Library System (RAILS) developed a new online program to allow cardholders from participating RAILS libraries to reserve free passes, discount admission, and other incentives from cultural attractions in Illinois, such as museums, cultural centers, zoos, aquariums, gardens, historical societies, etc.
- 1950s Park Forest House Museum / Park Forest
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum / Springfield
- American Toby Jug Museum / Evanston
- Central Illinois Connection Center / Chatsworth
- Chicago Children's Museum / Chicago
- Chicago Maritime Museum / Chicago
- Discovery Center Museum / Rockford
- DuSable Musem of African American History Museum / Chicago
- Edwards Place / Springfield
- Ernest Hemingway Foundation of Oak Park / Oak Park
- Homewood Science Center / Homewood
- Illinois Holocaust Museum / Skokie
- Kankakee County Museum / Kankakee
- Kidzeum of Health and Science / Springfield
- Mary and Leigh Block Museum of Art / Evanston
- Momence Heritage Days / Momence
- Museum of Contemporary Photography at Columbia College / Chicago
- Peoria Riverfront Museum / Peoria
- Springfield Arts Association / Springfield
- Viking Ship / Geneva
Click here for more information and Frequently Asked Questions about Explore More Illinois.
MUSEUM ADVENTURE PASS
Visit your home library to find out current pass availability. Library staff will be able to check on what is available, and also check out the passes.
Check out a Museum Adventure Pass using your library card at your home library. Libraries have a limited number of passes for each participating organization, and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Passes cannot be reserved or checked out online or on the phone.
One Museum Adventure Pass may be checked out per family, per loan period. The loan period is SEVEN DAYS, and will expire after the date printed on the pass.
Admission offers vary per museum. For some, two or four people may be admitted free per pass, or by carload. If admission is free, another special discount will be offered.
Passes are for one-time use and are not transferable. Your name will be printed on the pass, and you may be asked to show identification at the museum. The museum will collect the pass when you visit.
Check the list of participating museums for details on each cultural destination. Find out what discoveries await you, get directions to the museum, and review each museum’s pass entry offer, including any restrictions that may apply.