Downloadable Romance ebooksUnlimited and unrestricted access to a curated collection of romance ebooks.
Click the icon below to get started
NEW! FLIPSTER eMAGAZINES
Log in with your Bridgeview Library Card!
Click the icon above to get started.
Sign in with your valid Bridgeview Public Library Card.
Flipster is a next-generation magazine service that allows people to browse digital versions of the latest issues of popular magazines, courtesy of the library.Check your App Store or Play Store to download Flipster to your mobile device or tablet too!
Novels @ Night Book Club - Nutshell
Tuesday, August 21st at 7:00 PM
Join Novels @ Night! This is a wonderful opportunity to read a variety of books you never thought you’d read before! This is a FREE club and light refreshments are served. Meets the 3rd Tuesday at 7:00pm!
August 21st: Nutshell
Friday Films - Death Wish
August 17th @ 1:00PM
(Drama/Crime Film, Rated R, 1 hr. 48 min.)
Dr. Paul Kersey is a surgeon who often sees the consequences of the city's violence in the emergency room. When home intruders brutally attack his wife and young daughter, Kersey becomes obsessed with delivering vigilante justice to the perpetrators. As the anonymous slayings grab the media's attention, the public begins to wonder if the deadly avenger is a guardian angel -- or the Grim Reaper itself.
August 29th, 6:30PM and September 26th, 6:30PM
August Board Meeting AgendaBoard Meeting Agenda
August 13, 2018
- Call to Order at 7:00 by President Al Safadi
- Roll Call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of Agenda
- Visitors are asked to introduce themselves and present any issues they wish to discuss. Visitors will be granted two to five minutes at the discretion of the President, not to exceed a total of twenty minutes.
- Rich Struzik Regarding Carrier Maintenance Proposal
- Approval of Meeting Minutes of July 9, 2018
- Approval of Closed Session Meeting Minutes of July 9, 2018
- Motion to Approve the 3 consent Agenda Items as Listed:
- Approval of Treasurer’s Report – July 2018
- Prepaid Bills in the Amount of $26,600.18
- Bills in the Amount of $13,355.12
- Acting Directors Report
- Attorney Report
- Committee Report
- Finance – Chairperson
- Policy/By-Laws- Chairperson
- Unfinished Business
- HVAC Service Agreement Discussion and Action
- Review Closed Session Minutes Discussion and Action
- Carrier Proposal to add West air handling unit to iVue Discussion and Action
- Rich Struzik Consulting Agreement Discussion and Action
- New Business:
- Items for Next Agenda
- Closed Session and Action If Necessary
Facilities Maintenance Technician – Part Time 25 hours – salary based on experience
- Two or more years related facility and maintenance experience.
- Two years of technical and/or mechanical training and education.
- Demonstrated proficiency with mechanical equipment and/or automation may be substituted for formal training.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proficiency at reading schematics and blueprints.
- Valid driver's license with excellent driving record.
- Performs routine and scheduled general maintenance activities including but not limited to light bulb replacement, ceiling tile replacement, minor HVAC, carpentry, building and office door adjustments, electrical, plumbing, painting, and grounds equipment.
- Performs general inspections of the building, roofs, and grounds including but not limited to common areas, restrooms, dumpster areas, etc. and responds to maintenance requests using issue tracking software.
- Sets up, arranges, and removes decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, scaffolding, wired and wireless microphones, and video projectors to prepare facilities for events such as programs and meetings.
- Responds to heating/air conditioning requests for offices, conference rooms, and open areas.
- Monitors computerized HVAC management system and troubleshoots any immediate HVAC system issues.
- Contacts contracted service providers for service when needed.
- Responds to off-hour emergencies as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires full-range of body motion including standing, sitting, or walking for extended periods of time.
- Requires bending, stooping, reaching in tight spaces, shoveling and climbing stairs and ladders.
- Must be able to move a cart loaded with 100-lbs and lift materials up to 70-lbs.
- Applications are available at the Circulation Desk
- Position opened until filled - EEOC