CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) INFORMATIONWHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
>> Avoid close contact with sick people.>> While sick, limit contact with others as much as possible.>> Stay home if you are sick.>> Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze.
- STAY INFORMED - The CDC is updating its website daily with the latest information and advice for the public. You can access their website by clicking here: www.cdc.gov/ncov
- REMEMBER TO TAKE EVERYDAY PREVENTIVE ACTIONS that are always recommended to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses.
>> Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands;
germs spread this way.>> Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs.>> Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
>> If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub with at least 60% alcohol.
The City of Chicago has created a coronavirus website as an information resource. The site is updated daily, and sometimes multiple times as information warrants. If you wish to receive updates from this site as they are posted, you can sign up for e-mail alerts by clicking on the following link: https://lp.constantcontactpages.com/su/VwvbSW5/coronavirusADDITIONAL RESOURCES:
- IF YOU FEEL SICK with fever, cough or difficulty breathing, and have traveled to any other place where cases of the coronavirus have been confirmed, or have been in close contact with someone with COVID-19 in the 14 days before you began to feel sick, seek medical care. Before you go to a doctor's office or emergency room, call ahead and tell them about your recent travel and your symptoms.
Get a temporary library card to access online content!
Click the icon to get started!
- Fill out a simple form
- Verify you are 13 years old or older
- Restricted to Bridgeview Residents only
- Successful registration will give you a temporary barcode and instructions to reset your pin
- New library card holders only - duplicate users will be rejected
*During the COVID-19 quarantine:
- Newly registered cards are valid for 90-days
- Newly registered cards cannot place holds on physical materials or checkout physical materials.
ePRINTit is here!
Secure Cloud Printing
Click the icon to get started if you are printing from
a laptop or home PC
1. Download the App from Google Play or Apple App Store
2. Choose from several options to print; Options may require authorization to access your files
3. Choose TBS as your provider to print. Find your library.
MASKS MUST BE WORN AT THE LIBRARY
Children 3 and up must wear a mask
BLUEcloud Mobile App is here!
The BLUEcloud Mobile app is now live in the app store.
Download the app
Search for "SWAN Libraries" in the iOS in the App Store or for Android in the Google Play Store. For more information, click the link below.
TEEN ZOOM Book Talk with Mr. AustinDo you love to read? Do you love to talk? I love to do both, and I’m looking to start up a ZOOM book club this Summer at Bridgeview Public Library!
This club will be for our patrons ages (12-14yrs) covering grades (6-8 grade).
BUT….I would like to know what YOU would like to read & discuss!
Go to the teen page under THINGS TO DO tab. I will have books listed that have peaked my interest, but I want YOU to choose the book that has peaked your interest! Once you’ve chosen a book or two, shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know your choices!
Once I have enough feedback, I’ll email interested patrons the selected book(s) and book club dates.
Thanks for your feedback!
Mr. Austin @ Youth Services
Bridgeview Public Library