Downloadable Romance ebooksUnlimited and unrestricted access to a curated collection of romance ebooks.
Click the icon below to get started
NEW! FLIPSTER eMAGAZINES
Log in with your Bridgeview Library Card!
Click the icon above to get started.
Sign in with your valid Bridgeview Public Library Card.
Flipster is a next-generation magazine service that allows people to browse digital versions of the latest issues of popular magazines, courtesy of the library.Check your App Store or Play Store to download Flipster to your mobile device or tablet too!
Summer Reading 2018
Reading Takes You Everywhere!
Bridgeview Public Library’s Six Week Adult Summer Reading Program is from June 11th to July 21st.
NEW THIS YEAR…
Each participant will write the books they’ve read in to our new Summer Reading Log-In Binder. This binder will be located at our new Log-In station in the Adult Services Department.
We have a new computerized raffle system that will randomly pick the winners.
The weekly activities can be picked up during the first week when you sign up. For each completed activity, you’ll be entered into this new system for a chance to win a prize in our weekly activity drawing.
Our End of Summer Reading Pizza Party will be on Wednesday, July 25th at 6:00pm.
Please contact Adult Programming Coordinator, Jennifer Bonbrake, at (708) 458-2880 Ext. 119.
Novels @ Night Book Club - Pachinko
Tuesday, July 17th at 7:00 PM
Join Novels @ Night! This is a wonderful opportunity to read a variety of books you never thought you’d read before! This is a FREE club and light refreshments are served. Meets the 3rd Tuesday at 7:00pm!
July 17: Pachinko
Friday Films - Humor Me
Friday, July 20th at 1:00 PM
(Rated PG-13, 1 hr. 33 min.)
Humor Me is a heartfelt father-son comedy about a struggling playwright who is forced to move in with his joke-telling dad in a New Jersey retirement community and learns, as his father often says, "life's going to happen, whether you smile or not”.
Don't be bored this summer
Find out what's happening by visiting
the Teen Page
"Things to do".
Don't forget to sign up for Summer Reading for great prizes! More information on the Teen Home Page.
Summer Reading Registation has begun!
Come to the Children's Department to register.Summer Programs will begin June 11th.
Facilities Maintenance Technician – Part Time 25 hours – salary based on experience
- Two or more years related facility and maintenance experience.
- Two years of technical and/or mechanical training and education.
- Demonstrated proficiency with mechanical equipment and/or automation may be substituted for formal training.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proficiency at reading schematics and blueprints.
- Valid driver's license with excellent driving record.
- Performs routine and scheduled general maintenance activities including but not limited to light bulb replacement, ceiling tile replacement, minor HVAC, carpentry, building and office door adjustments, electrical, plumbing, painting, and grounds equipment.
- Performs general inspections of the building, roofs, and grounds including but not limited to common areas, restrooms, dumpster areas, etc. and responds to maintenance requests using issue tracking software.
- Sets up, arranges, and removes decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, scaffolding, wired and wireless microphones, and video projectors to prepare facilities for events such as programs and meetings.
- Responds to heating/air conditioning requests for offices, conference rooms, and open areas.
- Monitors computerized HVAC management system and troubleshoots any immediate HVAC system issues.
- Contacts contracted service providers for service when needed.
- Responds to off-hour emergencies as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires full-range of body motion including standing, sitting, or walking for extended periods of time.
- Requires bending, stooping, reaching in tight spaces, shoveling and climbing stairs and ladders.
- Must be able to move a cart loaded with 100-lbs and lift materials up to 70-lbs.
- Applications are available at the Circulation Desk
- Position opened until filled - EEOC