CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) INFORMATIONWHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
>> Avoid close contact with sick people.>> While sick, limit contact with others as much as possible.>> Stay home if you are sick.>> Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze.
- STAY INFORMED - The CDC is updating its website daily with the latest information and advice for the public. You can access their website by clicking here: www.cdc.gov/ncov
- REMEMBER TO TAKE EVERYDAY PREVENTIVE ACTIONS that are always recommended to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses.
>> Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands;
germs spread this way.>> Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs.>> Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
>> If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub with at least 60% alcohol.
The City of Chicago has created a coronavirus website as an information resource. The site is updated daily, and sometimes multiple times as information warrants. If you wish to receive updates from this site as they are posted, you can sign up for e-mail alerts by clicking on the following link: https://lp.constantcontactpages.com/su/VwvbSW5/coronavirusADDITIONAL RESOURCES:
- IF YOU FEEL SICK with fever, cough or difficulty breathing, and have traveled to any other place where cases of the coronavirus have been confirmed, or have been in close contact with someone with COVID-19 in the 14 days before you began to feel sick, seek medical care. Before you go to a doctor's office or emergency room, call ahead and tell them about your recent travel and your symptoms.
MASKS AT THE LIBRARY
9th Annual Multi-Library Geocaching Event!
June 1, 2021 - August 2, 2021Join us for the 9th Annual Multi-Library Geocaching Event! All library patrons are invited to use clues and geographic coordinates to find hidden “geocaches” at numerous participating area libraries. Due to Covid-19 we are going virtual this year! For each listed geocache you discover, you earn a chance to win a $25 Gift Card.
To be eligible for the prize drawing, your library card from a participating library must be in good standing. Also, you will need to have a QR code reader app on your smartphone to complete the log and prize drawing form.
All ages welcome! Find all the official clues at https://multilibrarygeocache.weebly.com/ starting June 1st. The competition ends Monday, August 2nd, so let the adventure begin! More information can also be found at https://www.facebook.com/MultiLibraryGeocaching
Get a temporary library card to access online content!
Click the icon to get started!
- Fill out a simple form
- Verify you are 13 years old or older
- Restricted to Bridgeview Residents only
- Successful registration will give you a temporary barcode and instructions to reset your pin
- New library card holders only - duplicate users will be rejected
*During the COVID-19 quarantine:
- Newly registered cards are valid for 90-days
- Newly registered cards cannot place holds on physical materials or checkout physical materials.
BLUEcloud Mobile App is here!
The BLUEcloud Mobile app is now live in the app store.
Download the app
Search for "SWAN Libraries" in the iOS in the App Store or for Android in the Google Play Store. For more information, click the link below.